Student Brand Ambassadors
Students: start thinking about your future now. i, the concise, quality newspaper, is on the lookout for self-motivated, energetic and organised Student Brand Ambassadors, across selected UK university campuses (see below for full list of universities).
This is your chance to come and work for an innovative national newspaper and create excitement and awareness about our brand across your campus and amongst your fellow students. We want you to be our eyes and ears on campus, managing a range of promotional tasks, as well as coordinating events and helping to generate student content for the www.independent.co.uk/student website and i newspaper. You will have the support and guidance of our regional Sales & Marketing Managers and you will report into our Marketing Executive. This is a really exciting opportunity for undergraduates interested in a career in newspapers, who are keen to start accruing their experience now.
We are looking for second year undergraduates who are enthusiastic, self-starting individuals with a passion for our brand and the world of newspapers and journalism. You must have good contacts at your university, have your ear to the ground as to what’s coming up and be great at networking. You will need to have strong writing skills and show understanding of regulations around the media, as well as being organised; balancing your work schedule with your academic commitments. This is a paid-for role.
- Be 2nd year undergraduates, pursuing a career in media, marketing or newspapers
- Be skilled in writing and be able to provide evidence of published work (University newspaper, for example)
- Be able to work during term time
- Have access to a computer with high-speed internet access
- Have a good Twitter presence
- Be eligible to work in the UK
Benefits of being an i SBA:
- Chance to work for an award-winning national newspaper
- Gain invaluable experience in marketing and event management
- Build contacts and wider networks on campus
- Opportunities to have stories published online, or in-paper
- Free i subscription
- This is a paid-for role
- Possible bonus incentives, including festival tickets
There is also the chance for SBAs to gain work experience with the Digital editorial team during vacations (based on SBA performance)
Please email your CV, along with 250 words telling us why you’d like the job as well as suggesting how we could promote i at your university. Please include your name and your university in the subject heading. Deadline for applications is Sunday 1st September 2013. Skype interviews will be conducted w/c 9th September.
Where are we recruiting?
University of Manchester
University of Central Lancashire
Sheffield Hallam University
University of Leeds
University of Hertfordshire
University of Nottingham
Liverpool John Moores University
University of Birmingham
University of Kent
University of Southampton
Glasgow Caledonian University
University of Edinburgh
Kings College London
University of Exeter
University of Warwick
University of East Anglia
University of Oxford
University of Sussex