This job is no longer available
Giving people a good start at a young age is key to your role as a Nursery Assistant.
We currently have a vacancy for a nursery assistant. This role will involve supporting the staff team and ensuring the children are happy, comfortable and engaged in their learning. This will also involve elements of personal care and hygiene.
Working with children aged three to five in a nursery school or class, you'll play a vital role in each child's:
- Personal Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development
You'll be involved in supporting a large amount of indoor and outdoor activities as part of your daily schedule covering all of the above development areas.
To be a Nursery/Pre-school Assistant, you must have:
- the ability to build good relationships with children, parents/carers and colleagues
- commitment to equal opportunities
- the ability to work in a team but also to use your own initiative
- excellent communication skills
- patience and a good sense of humour