This job is no longer available
Qualified Actuary - Insurance - Bristol - £600-850/day
Our client, a Top 4 UK Bank, wish to recruit a recently qualified actuary to work on the Assumptions & Methodology team within their Bristol Actuarial department.
The successful Qualified Actuary candidate will be required to:
* Perform ICA / Solvency II risk calibration work - defining probability distributions appropriate to the risks the company is exposed to.
* Provide recommendations for risk calibrations, including key points summaries for senior management review sessions.
* Document results to the required internal standards, including detailed analysis to support recommendations.
* Potential to be involved with assumption setting work for different bases, subject to team requirements.
* Stakeholder management.
* Effective communication with the ability to explain complex technical information clearly and articulately both in verbal and written formats.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Ability to analyse and define an actuarial problem, come up with options to solving and make sensible recommendations.
* Advanced Excel skills. Create/modify spreadsheets, following company guidelines and policy on style, documentation and controls.
* At least 3 years' experience in life insurance in an actuarial environment.
* Working knowledge of the Solvency II regulatory framework.
* Experience of risk calibration work an advantage.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements then please apply for the Qualified Actuary position immediately.
To find out more about Orgtel please visit www.orgtel.com