This job is no longer available
Hummingbird Resources plc is an international mineral exploration and development group operating principally in Liberia and the UK, in addition undertaking in Liberia infrastructure development, education and sports development, and environmental conservation with particular emphasis on the indigenous pygmy hippo.
We require a UK based Business Development Manager to expand and develop these initiatives, and if you are the person we are looking for you will be able to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with other senior staff to determine the ranges of goods or services Western suppliers/clients seek to sell to Liberia and contribute to the Western suppliers’ sales strategies and sales targets there and liaise with other senior staff to determine the ranges of corporate responsibility initiatives and strategies to implement;
- Discuss and assess clients’ requests, undertake surveys and analysis of outlets for their products and services in Liberia and identify potential reactions in Liberia to proposed products and services. Discuss and assess the group’s and clients’ corporate responsibility objectives and requirements;
- Prepare proposals for marketing campaigns, promotional activities, and undertake market research in Liberia;
- Liaise with other organisations operating in UK and Liberia to find areas of common ground and mutual benefit;
- Handle all aspects of customer accounts.
- Produce reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies for senior management.
- Keep up to date with products and services required in Liberia and source Western suppliers for those commodities.
- Keep up to date with conservation developments in Liberia;
- Manage corporate responsibility programmes, liaising with the government of Liberia, carry out international fundraising as required, and work closely with conservation organisations focussed on Liberia.
Required Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Graduate University degree level education.
- Experience in conservation in West Africa.
- Proven ability of working with Liberian Government at all levels.
- Strong understanding of Liberian labour, tax and environmental law.
- Prior experience of dealing with international financial institutions and developing Public Private Partnership models.
- Be experienced in community relations and stakeholder engagement in rural Western African communities.
- Have knowledge of tropical eco-tourism models.
- Prior experience of organising large-scale fundraising activities.
- Ability to spend prolonged periods of time in rural Liberia.
Our London W1 office at :
22 Mount Row
London W1K 3SF
Tel: +44 20 3416 3560
(but please note the ability to travel to and spend significant periods in Liberia is essential).
£60,000 + (negotiable on ability).
Closing Date for Applications:
11 October 2013