This job is no longer available
Senior Java Developer/Engineer/Programmer (Algo, HFT, VP)
A tier 1 Investment Bank is seeking an experienced, VP level Java Developer to join a world leading team of Developers responsible for building, evolving and maintaining a suite of market leading High Frequency and Algorithmic Trading systems.
This is one of the most Front Office facing roles within the bank and will see you liaising with Traders and Quants on a daily basis in order to gather requirements directly and ensure any requests for added features or functionality are actioned.
This is a major role in one of the world's most successful HFT teams, so the depth of your experience must include the following, in order to be considered for the role -
- Previous/Current experience in a Front Office Algo trading or High Frequency Trading team (across FX, Fixed Income, Cash Equities, or Commodities)
- Demonstrated experience of building a trading system that is capable of executing a trade with a latency of less than 1 milli-second (ideally circa 100 - 300 micro-seconds)
- Expert level Core Java Development experience, including nio/collections, multi-threading, concurrency and synchronisation
- Experience working on UNIX, including some basic shell scripting
- Superb Academic background with a Bachelors Degree (minimum) in Comp Science or Software Engineering from a reputable and respected University
- Experience in Oracle Database Design
Location - London
Contact - Andrew.Hathaway@nicollcurtin.com or 020 7397 0186
Salary - £90,000 - £110,000 + benefits