This job is no longer available
BI Developer (SSAS)
Salary requirements: £45k + Benefits
An innovative technology driven company who work within the e-commerce and online gaming sectors have a fantastic opportunity for an SSAS Developer, a motivated individual to come on board and help realise the full benefit from the company's information. This will be achieved with a combination of re-architecting, data standardisation and rolling out a self-service web and mobile compatible platform.
This is a newly created SSAS Developer role and will require working closely with business process owners, developers and gaming platform providers to delivery BI and reporting. As part of the role it will be required to comply with data quality requirements, as well as facilitate market specific and industry policies and procedures.
- To deliver data warehouse based reporting for the business that cannot be obtained from pivot tables sourcing from SSAS cubes.
- Ensure timely delivery with the highest level of quality.
- Identify and escalate opportunities for improved performance based on experience.
- Ensure that all work requested adds business value.
- Follow project implementation plans and assist in the roll-out of information solutions.
- Design and develop SSRS reports using both T-SQL and MDX queries, as well as provide ad-hoc data extracts.
- Implement MDX Calculations in existing SSAS cubes.
- Implement new dimensions and measures in the existing SSAS Cubes.
- Knowledge of advanced SSAS concepts like cube partitions, utility dimensions, dimension usage, multi-currency environments.
- Knowledge of advanced data warehousing concepts like SCD types, role-playing dimensions, types of fact tables, etc..
- Develop T-SQL scripts and stored procedures, as well as Query optimization. This includes understand of query plans, indexing strategies, use of advanced T-SQL DDL statements including RANK, PIVOT, CTEs, Sub-queries, etc..
- Understanding of Data Warehouse architecture using Kimball methodology.
- Database application support and maintenance.
Keywords: SQL, SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, Analysis Services, Warehouse, Data warehouse, indexing, cubes, cube development, Performance, tuning, performance tuning, 2012, 2008, TSQL, T-SQL, development, , SSRS, gb, T-SQL,
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed in this phenomenal company, get in contact with Andy Ross at Salt either by email: email@example.com or by phone 0207 928 25 25.