Head of English Cheshire
Curriculum Team Leader for English Faculty - Crewe, Cheshire - January 2014
We are recruiting for a Head of English Faculty for a secondary school based in Crewe Cheshire. This is an excellent opportunity for a head of department to lead a hard working and dedicated English team, this role is due to commence in January 2014.
We are looking for a dedicated, ambitious and dynamic teacher to share their passion for English, to motivate and inspire our young people and to play a pivotal role in raising the profile and achievement even further within the school and wider community. The successful candidate will have strong academic credentials, outstanding teaching and visionary and inspirational leadership qualities.
The department presently teach GCSE English, GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature with AQA as well as GCSE Media in the options, also with AQA. 52% of the outgoing Year 11 achieved a Grade C or above in English, 97% an A*-G. 73% of those entered for English Literature obtained an A*-C. 55% made three or more levels of progress and 19% made 4 or more. In Media Studies 70% achieved an A*-C.
To strategically lead the English Faculty to ensure high standards are achieved by pupils studying this subject and excellent results are achieved.
- Relevant successful experience of teaching English Language and Literature in a comprehensive school at KS2 & KS3
- Ability to motivate learners aged 11 - 16
- Ability to plan strategically to meet the needs of a range of learners
- Ability to use ICT to promote effective communications and to enhance teaching for learning
- Willingness to embrace Business and Enterprise culture and develop enterprise related learning opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a range of teaching styles and to plan for individual needs
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation in relation to working with and the protection of young people
- Knowledge of successful intervention strategies
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS).
For more information please contact Catherine at Capita Education Resourcing on 0207 202 0031 or e-mail your CV to catherine.o'