This job is no longer available
Technical Analyst - Infrastructure
Required to Perform and/or coordinate IT equipment installation, setup, moves, repairs and breakdown across the business.
You will ensure that all infrastructure equipment is maintained according to policies and recommendations and perform regular checks on environmental equipment and conditions
Other duties include:
- You will also ensure hardware is placed and operated in an environment that is in compliant and participate in incident, problem and event management activities as necessary
- Maintain all operational documentation, processes, management and diagnostic tools and spares, ensuring that spares are maintained at agreed levels
- Monitor all operations and services to ensure service quality is being delivered on a daily basis
- Monitor devices for proper operation and performance
- Apply vendor provided maintenance to devices
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Ensure that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting systems. Coordinate the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Analyses patterns and trends.
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures.
- Uses network management tools to determine network load and performance statistics.
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work. Implements agreed network changes and maintenance routines.
- Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Provides reports and proposals for improvement to specialist, users and managers.
To be considered you will need:
- Deep technical knowledge of Windows 2003 & 2008 Server
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Citrix and Terminal Server
- Virtulisation Techniologies i.e. VMWare
- SAN and NAS technologies
- Datacentre support experience
- Backup technologies including tape and disk to disk, in relation to the backup and restore of both physical and virtual servers