This job is no longer available
Java Developer/Programmer/Engineer (Risk, PnL, London)
A tier 1 Investment Bank is seeking an experienced AVP/Senior Associate level Java Developer to join a growing front office team that is responsible for the Risk and PnL platform for the global Credit Trading business.
This a hands on, 100% code cutting, development role, that will require you to interact with the Front Office business (such as Traders, Business Analysts and Quants) in order to turn technical requirements into strategic improvements to the system.
To succeed in this demanding role, you must possess the following as a minimum -
- Expert level Core Java Development skills, including multi-threading, concurrency, synchronisation, collections and nio.
- Experience working within a Front Office Investment Banking environment
- Exposure to some form of Front Office Risk, whether it be Risk and PnL, Market Risk, or Credit Risk (in any asset class)
- Strong Database programming skills in SQL, on either Oracle or Sybase databases
- Working on Unix/Linux OS
- Strong Academic background in a Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar Scientific or Mathematic discipline.
Experience in any of the following is not essential, but considered a huge bonus -
- Experience with distributed caching technologies such as Oracle Coherence
- Some knowledge of Fixed Income trading, preferably Credit
Location - London
Salary - £60,000 - £75,000
Contact - Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7397 0186