This job is no longer available
Data Warehouse Development Manager SQL Server DW Development Manager
Role: Data Warehouse Development Manager
Salary / Package: £70k to £100k + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Location: Isle of Man
- This is rare opportunity to join a world renowned brand taking ownership of the overall management and direction of the Data Warehouse (DW) development team and overarching accountability for the data warehouse project development.
- The role is responsible for setting priorities, managing and co-ordinating development tasks, and leading the implementation of defined processes alongside consistent BI/DW practices.
- Own overall architecture and design of the system, while demonstrating alignment with core Business Intelligence (BI) strategies and methodologies.
- The position is responsible for keeping track of new BI/DW tools and technologies and be able to incorporate if/when appropriate.
- Responsible for coaching, mentoring, supervising and evaluating team members to maintain optimum performance of job duties.
- Full project management and development life cycle with DW infrastructures, techniques, architectures and methodologies;
- Implementing and maintaining DW solutions including data integration, data management, data modelling, information governance and performance/capacity planning;
- Managing large scale data warehousing systems utilizing Microsoft DW toolsets in a big scale environment;
- Creating data warehouses from scratch throughout the entire chain, ETL practices, data modelling, OLAP technologies, optimizations at low and high levels, performance and capacity tuning, scaling up / out, client side reporting tools (proven experience with Micro-strategy would be advantageous);
- Communicating effectively at all levels of the organization;
- Broad-based information systems, technical management and business experience in a dynamic environment;
- SQLServer technologies (SSIS, Parallel etc), MPP/PDW.
- Solid experience in managing DW development teams.
- Excellent follow-through; excellent independent and collaborative problem solving. Ability to identify and drive to resolution a full range of project delivery issues and effectively influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to measure, design, and report appropriate metrics to management and customers. Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proven demonstrable experience in the following:
- Leadership, mentoring, and coaching skills; excellent people management skills
Keywords: SQL, SQL Server, DW, Data Warehousing, Datawarehouse, Data warehouse, Development, manager, BI, business intelligence, architect, Microstrategy, micro, strategy, Integration services, reporting services, analysis services, OLAP, ETL, extract, transform, load
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed in this phenomenal company, get in contact with Andy Ross at Salt either by email: email@example.com or by phone 0207 928 25 25.