This job is no longer available
Full time, Interim role
Competitive daily rate
Randstad Education is the UK market leader. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years.
We are currently working on behalf of a primary school based in Waltham Forest who are seeking to appoint a SEN Coordinator for an immediate start. As an excellent teacher, you will have a passion for providing high quality learning for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities. You will need to have the National SEN Co-ordination qualification.
Your duties will include:
- Continuing to improve the progress and attainment of all SEN children
- Overseeing and adapting our Provision Map, based on school data and individual need, and the creating and review of Personal Support Plans
- Supporing teaching assistants and learning mentors to provide excellent provision for SEN children - via in-class, intervention group and one-to-one support progammes
- Teaching of KS1/KS2 streaming groups
- Effective and efficient processing of SEN documentation and reports
- Liaising with outside agencies
The school, the child…
This primary school is oversubscribed and part of a Federation with one other school. Both schools have high expectations and aspirations and are looking for fantastic teachers that will help them move on to 'outstanding'. Ofsted judged the quality of learning for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities and their progress to be outstanding "They make exceptional progress, which is a direct result of the high-quality care and support they receive". The school offers a welcoming and dedicated team, commitment to continuous professional development, enthusiastic pupils who are willing and eager to learn and excellent opportunities for career progression.
For the right candidate there will be the opportunity to apply for the permament position.
In reward for our teachers hard work and commitment we provide competitive rates of pay with no hidden deductions, a refer a friend scheme, long-term and permanent job opportunities, a dedicated consultant and an honest and trustworthy approach that matches you to the right school.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child safety standards and UK eligibility checks