This job is no longer available
Online Merchandising Manager - Retail - Milton Keynes - £ Excellent
Due to considerable online growth and investment, my client (a high street retailer who has genuinely embraced digital change) seeks an Online Merchandising Manager to continue the development of their online and digital channels.
The main focus of the Online Merchandising Manager vacancy is to manage the online relationship with trading teams in order to plan, build and execute coordinated online specific category based activity that reflects overarching category and promotional objectives.
The Online Merchandising Manager is responsible for:
- Managing a team of 5 Assistant Online Merchandising Managers.
- Developing an ongoing category based strategy that maximises sales and conversion potential throughout both the search and browse customer journeys and traffic from inbound marketing.
- Establish KPI targets across all categories in conjunction with the Online Trading & Content Manager and trading teams to monitor performance and take action to ensure targets are met.
- Implement on site marketing activity to support category objectives including activity to communicate key range and product priorities, support product launches and category positioning campaigns.
- Develop ongoing principles for maximising the impact of promotions across the digital properties with particular focus on site merchandising, hero management and search optimisation.
- Develop a web analytics based approach to measuring category performance that generates actionable insight and facilitates both long and short term optimisation.
- Educate the trading teams within divisional area of responsibility about the effectiveness of the online channel to their categories through conducting quarterly category reviews and specific period updates when required.
The Online Merchandising Manager requirements include:
- Graduate calibre
- Experience in an eCommerce trading or content environment
- High commercial awareness
- In depth experience of using analytical packages
- Strong project management and planning skills
- A self-starter that is both proactive and strategic
- A proven track record in planning, implementing and executing campaigns /projects that deliver a recognisable ROI
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Previous people management experience
The medium to long-term potential in this role is fantastic as there is huge digital development programme and excellent personal development plan in place.
Please apply through this portal or feel free to contact Chris Ward on 0207 928 2525 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.