This job is no longer available
Senior Java Developer - Trading Systems- London
Circa £75,000+ bonus & benefits
(Senior Java Developer, Spring, Hibernate, Apache, Active MQ, Fuse ESB)
As the Senior Java Developer within a mid-sized development team, this is an opportunity to be the point person and act as the Java SME across the group. Due to an initiative to re-engineer the application architecture to more distributed software the role will require dedication to re-implement current client and internal services onto the new architecture as well as providing new functionality. With a large delivery focus, the Senior Java Developer will be required to work without supervision, as well as offering mentoring support to lesser experienced members of the team.
Role responsibilities for Senior Java Developer - Trading Systems- London
- Play a major role in designing of applications and infrastructure.
- Be the Java SME and advising on new architecture, performance improvements, migration to the new technology stack etc.
- Develop new functionality (incl. build plans, unit tests, database patches, release documentation and user documentation).
- Participating in the whole project life-cycle.
- Work closely with customers.
- Provide support and guidance to lesser experienced members of the team.
Technical Skills required for Senior Java Developer - Financial Services/Distributed Systems- London
- Delivery experience on a commercial application development project including integration with 3rd party applications.
- Experience of commercial enterprise applications within the Java development stack.
- Delivery experience of re-engineering legacy programs to distributed systems.
- Implementation experience in application server clustering, performance tuning and scalability testing to support high throughput, moderate latency, high availability systems.
- Strong OO design knowledge, including extensive design patterns knowledge
- FUSE ESB (preferred)
- Middleware / distributed computing, (ideally ActiveMQ)
- Financial Industry experience (preferred).
Key words: Senior Java Developer, Java Developer, Senior Java Engineer, Java Engineer, J2EE Developer, J2SE Developer, Java Architect, Spring, Hibernate, Messaging, Low latency, Active MQ, Java Development stack.
If you would like to apply for the role of Senior Java Developer - Trading Systems- London, please submit a CV or phone 0207 928 2525 for more details