Are you a Java Developer and want to write Java applications using leading edge technology in a friendly geeky environment?
World's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals now require a Java Developer. We combine industry expertise with innovative Java technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are writing lots of single-page web applications in Java, Spring and Hibernate. We use the Dojo toolkit, Selenium, JUnit, Cucumber, Maven, Hudson and anything else that we feel will help provide end products that we can be proud of. The Java Developer should live the DRY and KISS principles and believe that Java code can be beautiful. We are mad about automated testing and good clean Joshua Bloch-like Java code.
We have recently created a global business division dedicated to providing information and insight on Governance, Risk and Compliance to financial institutions and their legal and professional service advisors. The business unit, will help banks, hedge funds, insurance firms, general companies and their legal advisors connect strategy, operations and products to the rapidly changing regulatory environment. The business will advance the resources available to the legal, compliance, operations and audit professionals who work together to manage business risk.
The business unit is introducing new development standards and cutting edge Java technologies to ensure that Products are creatively developed, well designed and tested thoroughly.
Java Developer Profile
To be effective in the role the best Java Developers should have:
- Solid Java development knowledge - specifically good clean testable Java that comes straight out of Joshua Bloch's Effective java.
- Experience of Spring and Hibernate, including Spring security and annotations.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web services.
- Solid Database Knowledge
- A technical mindset with good understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns.
- A mindset that TDD and BDD is there to help development and allow beautiful code to take shape and grow.
- Solid knowledge of Agile development practices.
- Solid communication skills.A willingness and an ability to share best practice and improve processes.
- 25 days hol
- season ticket loan
- childcare vouchers
- free onsite gym and swimming pool
- plus lots more
If you are a Java Developer then please click apply.