This job is no longer available
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader and our specialist team have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly 20years.
We have an unrivalled reputation within Primary schools in the London Boroughs, and work with over 2,500 schools each week to find the right match for your skills.
We take great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools and academies within the Islington area. The schools range in size, catchment, religious backgrounds and ethos, with the majority of them graded "Good" to "Outstanding" by Ofsted. The schools have been benefitting from updated resources and facilities and are looking for innovative and inspirational teachers to help put these to use in order to create a positive impact on the lives and aspirations of the pupils.
Islington is a highly diverse area, with many schools having pupils from a wide variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. This can lead to a range of ability levels, as well as EAL needs, however the schools have a strong support network of specialist TAs and other resources to assist teachers. The pupils can display challenging behaviour due to their varying home lives, so the ideal teachers will be those with strong personalities who have creative and practical methods of classroom management and can deliver inclusive lessons, which make children eager to learn and become more involved in their own learning journeys.
We are looking for teachers with QTS who are looking for day to day supply work in order to cover any emergency sickness or course cover that may be required by our partnership primary schools:
- Confidently teach across all year groups within a Primary setting.
- Be available for last minute bookings should they occur.
- Have relevant up to date experience in UK schools.
- Preferably have knowledge of SATs requirements.
- Ensure effective classroom management in line with schools' behaviour policies.
- Treat every assignment as if it is a permanent role, injecting a sense of purpose into the classroom ad helping the schools continue to have a positive impact on pupils' lives to the best of your ability.
- Provide references to cover the last 12 months, as well as be willing to complete a CRB/DBS check alongside other safeguarding checks and requirements.
In reward for our teachers' hard work and commitment we provide competitive rates of pay with no hidden deductions, access to Randstad Education's online CPD portfolio, bespoke CPD courses ran by professionals (often free of charge), long term and permanent job opportunities locally as well as across the UK and internationally, a dedicated consultant with a 24/7 on call facility and a honest and trustworthy approach that matches you to the right school.
For further details please contact Umar Shah
or call 0207 400 6035