This job is no longer available
Senior Marketing Manager - London - £50-70K
My client operates one of the UK's biggest directory enquiries ranges of services and products. With additional operations across Europe the US, their product portfolio is fast growing to keep up with the ever-changing customer behaviours in this market.
The role will be broad, including market analysis, customer insights gathering, brand development, product identity, messaging and positioning, campaign planning, advertising, PR & social media and campaign analysis. You will work together with the other members of the marketing and senior leadership team and manage several external agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of taking products or propositions to market in a similar environment and a blended mix of analytical and creative capabilities, and enjoy taking full ownership of projects and getting things delivered fast and to a high standard of quality. He or she will thrive in a fact and data-driven environment.
- Review the target markets, the current players, their strengths and weaknesses and the best entry approach to differentiate and win
- Establish the needs for research, both quantitative and qualitative, and data analysis in order to increase our understanding of the target customer, their profile, motivations and affinities with the Brand, to inform better positioning/messaging
- Develop the creative identity for the new products, working with the product team, agencies and the leadership team, so that they become a natural part of our portfolio and help to preserve the Brand's essence and image, while pushing it into new markets. This work includes but is not limited to: logo development, advertising development, tone of voice across web and social media, etc.
- Messaging and positioning: assemble the relevant facts and data to inform the messaging development and the product positioning, in the context of our Brand and our stated intent. This will be turned into guidelines for web copy, social media and PR positioning, and advertising copy (online & offline)
- Based on product objectives, what we know and what we want to test and learn, develop a launch plan, looking exhaustively at the channel mix, and briefing the relevant teams/agencies to create their inputs into this plan, based on the messaging and creative guidelines. Present plans to the CEO and senior leadership team and iterate until alignment is reached
- Ensure all parties involved are ready for launch at planned date and that the execution happens smoothly and successfully. Manage the development of marketing materials, including traditional and digital advertising, website design, below the line communication and social media programmes, working with internal contributors and external agencies. Take full ownership of the production of campaigns in all agreed formats. Liaise with the Legal department to ensure legal mentions are correct
- Monitor and measure delivery, report on media performance, and assess potential optimization of spend.
- A bachelor's degree and ideally and MBA
- Significant experience in marketing (consumer) including experience in brand or proposition development and bringing new brands and/or products to market
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of the full marketing communications mix including ATL
- A "can-do attitude"
- Both able to work on high-level strategy and able to roll up his/her sleeves when required