This job is no longer available
Learning Support Assistant - school based
Term time only
To provide learning support assistant in lessons and within the school whilst catering for the welfare and pastoral care of students. To support individuals with educational needs, with the emphasis being on learning. To ensure, a safe working environment is provided for staff and pupils. To contribute to facilitating pupil access to the education system, promoting inclusion, assessing and supporting achievement and monitoring progress.
Main duties of the post:
- Assisting the teacher to prepare the classroom and to prepare learning materials.
- To prepare the classroom equipment and computers (where applicable) for use by pupils to ensure that equipment and materials are suitable for the learning activities
- Prepare, design and adapt materials where necessary. To be familiar with the supported students changing needs
- Assisting the Teacher in the planning and delivery of class activities at prescribed key Stage levels when required
- To support and work with individuals and small groups on specific activities which may be under the guidance of the Teacher or other lead person.
- To contribute to the management of pupil behaviour
- To be familiar with the supported pupils needs
- To contribute to observations and produce written reports for staff on individual pupils
- To pass on information about pupils personal and educational needs to subject teachers and other staff as appropriate.
- To assist in assessment recording and reporting on pupils progress. Reporting to the teacher and giving feedback to pupils on their progress.
- To motivate and support pupil(s) to remain on task and complete work in a focused way
- To be familiar with the TA handbook
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS).
For more information please contact James Fazzani at Capita Education Resourcing on 0207 202 0031 or e-mail your CV