This job is no longer available
The Accounts Assistants responsibilities will include:
• Updating and maintenance of cashbooks for all accounts held.
• Preparation of bank reconciliations for all accounts .
• Preparation and issue of sales invoices.
• Payments (purchase invoices, expenses, PAYE etc)
• Updating and maintenance of SAGE for all companies, including sales and purchase ledgers.
• Monthly trial balance preparation with supporting analyses for all companies.
• Prepare draft quarterly VAT Return with supporting analysis.
• Prepare Stock Assets Reconciliation.
• VAT analysis to assess irrecoverable Vat ratios.
• Set up and monitor investments on excel.
• Credit control.
• Prepare analyses to support the management and statutory accounts and assist in preparation of the audit files.
• Support the financial controller in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
• Support the financial controller in the preparation of the quarterly board packs.
• Support the financial controller in the maintenance of the investment database.
• Support the financial controller in the preparation of investment valuation packs.
• Support the financial controller in other operational duties (IT, insurance, fundraising/shareholder processes).
• Dealing with correspondence/queries from IFAs, shareholders, limited partners in respect of new and existing funds.
Successful Accounts Assistants Profile:
• Bright, hardworking, can do attitude
• Good written and oral communication skills with attention to detail essential.
• Ability to work in a small team and to tight deadlines.
• Willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business.
• Essential: Bookkeeping/Accounts experience (Primary records to TB).
• Sage Accounts experience / Venture Capital/ Private Equity knowledge.
Excellent long term opportunities for progression exist as the company continues to grow. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to build a stable career within a successful and rewarding company.