This job is no longer available
ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER HEAD OF ENGLISH
A permanent position for Assistant Headteacher - Head of English leading this very successful department in a Rochdale School. The role will focus on learning and teaching. The position would be suitable for a person with proven successful management and leadership experience.
Randstad Education is the UK market leader in education recruitment. Helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years through extensive partnerships with all organisations in the secondary, primary and SEN sectors. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we find the right match for your skills. Randstad Education provides a quality service for our candidates with a cycle of continuous professional development at the forefront of the educational landscape.
A permanent position for Assistant Headteacher Head of English leading this very successful department in a Rochdale School. The role will focus on learning and teaching. The position would be suitable for a person with proven successful management and leadership experience.
- 10 full time teachers of English.
- 9 classrooms with access to two banks of laptop computers situated in the department.
- All staff have a laptop and all classrooms a have Promethean Whiteboard and Visualizer.
- Generously resourced with text books, dictionaries, novels, plays and poetry anthologies.
- KS3 emphasis is placed on reading and writing skills
- KS3 results 84% of pupils gaining a level 5 and 56% gaining level 6 at the end of Year 9.
- Follows WJEC syllabus and offer English and English Literature.
- Recognised by Ofsted for the significant achievement of vulnerable pupils who achieve their targets at well over double the national average.
-Successful candidate will be expected to teach a total of approximately 21/25 lessons.
School:- Large 11-16 mixed comprehensive with 1193 pupils on roll.
Pupils come from many primary schools across Rochdale and Oldham, with the majority from seven schools.
Full ability range from all socio-economic groups.
Academic standards have risen consistently over the last few years
* The curriculum is described by Ofsted as 'outstanding'.
* Key Stage 4 all pupils study for qualifications in the core subjects of English, Mathematics, Science and IT and Computing.
* Choose from a wide range of other subjects which best reflect their own talents, interests and aspirations.
* Gifted and Talented pupils are stretched through mentoring and coaching; special one off challenges; off-site events; early entry and AS Level qualifications.
* Pupils for whom learning is more challenging, they are supported with specially designed courses and qualifications, specialised intervention programmes.
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV or even better, call Paul or Dave or Rachael or Toby on 0161 245 3637 now to arrange your interview at our Manchester office. This English teacher job is one of many we are currently working on for our schools in Greater Manchester.