This job is no longer available
Head of Quality Assurance (QA) - Good Base + Package - Berks
The Head of Quality Assurance has overall accountability for the quality of all of the software produced by the group IS division. This function is responsible for defining and embedding lifecycle methods which ensure adherence to, and raise the level of, quality standards for software deliverables. This includes the key objective of transforming IS-wide methods and culture so as to focus on 'right first time' quality - ensuring therefore that the Business requirements of IS are met fully, efficiently, cost-effectively - and with rigour, controls and governance in place to support this.
- Responsible for the Quality Framework (strategy and process) from end to end to minimise the number of defects occurring in all stages of the lifecycle while minimising the QA and development costs.
- Raises the profile of QA across IS, gaining buy-in at all levels.
- Establishes IS-wide metrics which reflect the status of outputs at all Decision Points.
- Establishes and develops Decision Point checklists in terms of qualitative expectations of projects.
- Agrees with projects the mechanisms whereby project managers and QA Analysts work together to ensure quality approaches and results.
- Inputs to cost estimates, budgets and schedules and owns the execution against those targets.
- Works with fellow management team members within the business to ensure best practices throughout the organisation in the key areas of standards and quality initiatives.
- Build, lead, motivate and develop a high performance team of talented people needed to deliver current and future functional objectives
- Manage and transform the teams responsible for Code QA, Application Security Testing and SCM/Build/Development tools support.
- Drive ways to optimise the operational model to minimise all QA costs.
- Ensure the team understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures.
- As a member of the QA & C Leadership team provides input to the overall I.S. systems strategy and ensures alignment of programme deliverables with other strategic initiatives
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycles, experience of managing efficient QA teams and working across the lifecycle to optimise the quality and cost of deliverables.
- Confident ability and experience of driving efficiency changes in an organisation.
- Man management experience of leaders
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work effectively across complex matrix organisation structures
- Experience of engaging stakeholders and customers at a senior level
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills - ability to coach and mentor individuals where appropriate.
- Concerted team player, who places great emphasis on collective achievement within her/his team and their peer network
Key words - Head QA, Head of Quality Assurance, QA Leader, QA Programme Manager, Quality Assurance, QA, Quality Assurance & Control, QA & C, Application Security Testing, SCM, SDLC, Software Development Lifecycle, SAP Testing Lifecycle, SAP Testing, Software Testing.
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed in this phenomenal company, get in contact with Graeme Craig at Salt either by email : email@example.com or by phone +44207 928 2525 / +447903 420 629 to discuss the full specification in detail.