This job is no longer available
Cover Supervisor required for north Sheffield secondary school
Full time cover supervisor required to join the cover team at a north Sheffield secondary school from November.
This school has asked Randstad Education to support their recruitment of a candidate for this role. We are the UK's market leading education recruiter with almost 20 years of experience in matching teachers and support staff to schools.
About the job:
* Cover supervisor required full time from November
* This role will involve taking responsibility for lessons with an absent teacher
* Work will be set for students; your role will be to ensure the work is completed and to manage the student's behaviour in line with the schools policy.
* There is no requirement to be familiar with the subjects you cover as you are not required to teach.
* When no cover is required you will support one of the schools departments with administration tasks.
About the School:
* This smaller than average-sized school serves a mixed community to the north of Sheffield.
* The proportion of students known to be eligible for free school meals is higher than in most schools.
* The proportion of students with special educational needs and/or disabilities is much higher than in the majority of schools.
* Most students come from White British backgrounds, with a very small proportion from other ethnic heritage groups.
About the Children:
* In this role you will be asked to cover lessons for students aged 11 - 16 of varying abilities
* In this role you may work with student with special needs and disabilities
Applications are welcomed from candidates who hold a degree and have a minimum of 6 months experience of working with children or young adults.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV or complete our online pre registration form.
If we feel your CV matches the requirements of this position or other positions we are currently working on, we will;
* Call you at a convenient time to discuss your CV and experience
* Invite you to attend a registration with Randstad Education at our Sheffield city centre office
* If shortlisted, invite you to attend an interview at the school.
In order to apply for this position you must hold a clear DBS check or make an application for a new check. We also require 2 strong references, one of which must be from your most recent employer or education establishment.
If you are successful Randstad Education Sheffield will support you throughout your role, this will include;
* Weekly payments without the need for timesheets
* Competitive daily payment rates
* Pension contributions
* Regular recorded feedback which can be used to build on your CV for your next position
* Access to our local, national and international job vacancies