This job is no longer available
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager for a comprehensive girls college based in North London. This is a temporary post for approximately three months.
Duties to include :
- To Co-ordinate the annual budget preparation process, building a draft budget by examining historical data, relevant information, pay rises and the School's future plans.
- To establish and have oversight and involvement of all financial systems, ensuring that they are continuously monitored and managed. Informing and advising on the incidence and remedy for potential budget variances and other areas of financial weakness. Putting in control measures as required.
- To produce timely budget monitoring reports and relevant commentary for the Head teacher and Governing Body.
- To advise the Head teacher and Governing Body on the impact of budget variances and, in particular, to recommend alternative courses of action in respect of adverse variances.
- To identify and advise on the financial impact of proposed school plans and policies.
- To be responsible for the completion of the monthly bank reconciliation and resolving any queries.
- To be responsible for the accountable management of any school journey or other specialist accounts.
- To line manage, and input and be responsible for the accuracy of all the day to day finance including the placement of orders, raising income invoices, petty cash and the resolution of queries.
- To support and advise budget holders if necessary in undertaking all aspects of finance and accounting.
- To ensure that Financial Regulations, audit requirements and the School's internal controls are
- followed at all times, immediately reporting any misdemeanours.
The School is an 'outstanding' comprehensive college for girls based in North London. It is also a Specialist Technology college and holds the Healthy Schools Award and the Gold Cultural Diversity Award. The School is easily accessible and close to public transport links.
In reward for your hard work and commitment we provide competitive rates of pay with no hidden deductions, a refer a friend scheme, long-term and permanent job opportunities, a dedicated consultant and an honest and trustworthy approach that matches you to the right school.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child safety standards and UK eligibility checks.