This job is no longer available
Randstad Education is the market leader in consultancies for the education industry in the UK, and here at the Cambridge branch we provide jobs across Cambridge, Peterborough, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Our client school is looking for Support Assisitants to join them in this Special Needs School on a Temporary to Permananet basis.
- Contributing to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning experiences, which enhance the learning and development of young people
- Assisting senior staff by contributing to the development of learning plans.
- Maintaining professional relationships whilst developing a good rapport with learners, colleagues and visitors.
- Pastoral support, including coaching, observational and listening skills.
- Handling potentially challenging behaviour and difficult situations.
The School & The Child;
This is a specialist residential school for boys and girls aged 8 to 16 who have complex needs which may include social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, autistic spectrum disorders including Asperger's Syndrome or other specific learning difficulties. Experience in this kind of environment will be beneficial although not essential as there will be thorough training provided.
For this role, you will need to have an NVQ2 qualification or equivalent, which is appropriate to the teaching and learning environment of learners and young adults.
Working through Randstad Education, you will receive competitive rates of pay, as well as tailored Continual Professional Development, and reward and recognition. You will receive advice on promotion and career progression, and we also have links around the world through our unique "Teach Anywhere" brand.
To hear more about this and other exciting opportunities in teaching, please contact Katie or Marleen on 01223 368836 or email your CV