This job is no longer available
Credit Risk - Trading, Commodities, Credit, Pricing
Credit Risk, VaR, Excel, Commodities, Trading, Derivatives, Futures, Options, Analysis, Reporting
My client's Credit Risk team is looking to hire an analyst to join their existing Credit Risk team within their commodities trading sector.
Credit Risk is concerned with measuring and limiting my client's exposure to adverse movements in market rates - stock prices, commodity prices, interest rates, and foreign exchange rates. Due to the diversity and complexity of the products that my client trades, this is a constantly challenging responsibility, but one that is pivotal to the way of doing business.
On a daily basis, Credit Risk is responsible for setting, monitoring, reporting and enforcing risk limits across all the trading areas of the Group. In addition, Credit Risk approval is required on all new deals and products prior to trading. Whether it is an innovative exotic derivative structure, or the purchase of an entire trading business, Credit Risk analysts work closely with the front office to ensure that the risks arising from the new venture are fully understood, and adequately constrained.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Credit Risk Analyst - (Trading, Credit, Pricing) role includes;
- Be involved in the approval of new products, businesses and trading strategies.
- Be directly responsible for monitoring and reporting risk metrics on a daily basis to senior management. In doing so, you will gain exposure to a wide range of businesses and products from around the globe.
- Interact constantly with the front office traders to ensure that the market risks arising from day-to-day trading positions are fully understood and managed appropriately within the limit framework.
- Liaise with back office and support staff to ensure that the trading systems adequately represent the risk profile of the trading books, and that risk numbers are reported in an accurate and timely manner.
- Be immersed in the global financial markets. Understanding what drives financial markets and keeping abreast of market news and trends is vital part of understanding and identifying potential risks.
- Assess the appropriateness of mathematical derivative pricing models within the context of real-world market conditions
Experience and skills needed for Senior Credit Risk Analyst role- (Trading, Credit and Pricing) role include:
- Strong analytical ability and judgment - experience in a credit risk analyst role is highly beneficial
- Ability to balance the need to switch between being immersed detailed day to day activity and problem-solving versus managing higher level longer term activities and objectives
- Understanding of traded derivatives - futures, options, swaps, forwards, CFA
- Strong MS Excel skills