Teacher of Geography
- Permanent to start January 2014
- Geography with Religious Studies
- Key Stage 3 and 4
- Main Pay Scale - Hackney
This beautiful school for boys and girls aged 11-19. Opened in 2010 in a state of the art building with all of the lastest and modern facilities you could ever hope for. The school are forward thinking and looking forward, with great enthusiasm, to their Academy becoming the heart and the hub of the local community.
The school prides themselves on a culture of high expectation for every student and are committed to cultivating a happy, disciplined, caring and respectful environment. Students have access to academic and vocational qualifications as well as a wide range of curricular and enrichment (extra-curricular) activities; the aim is to help them become well rounded adults who are empowered to positively contribute to their local and global community.
Due to a recent restructure of the timetable the school is now requiring an experienced Teacher of Geography with Religious Studies to start in January 2014 to teach across all Key Stages.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Teach to all age groups.
- Be a Form Tutor and/or Personal Adviser.
- Monitor and Identify under achieving pupils from performance data.
- Address underachievement through contributing to Academy strategy as well as developing and implementing department strategies and approaches.
- Provide assessment to students and parents as required.
- Fulfil reporting requirements.
- Liaise with parents to ensure excellent attainment.
- Support extended day activities to enhance pupils' learning experiences.
- Manage the behaviour of students in classrooms and around the academy.
Capita is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Kindly submit your CV for consideration by clicking on the apply function of this web page. For further information please contact Luke George at Capita Permanent Consultancy