This job is no longer available
SEN Teaching Assistant
We are looking to appoint a Special Education Needs Assistant to work in a school in Wigan.
This school is a special school for boys up to 19 years with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties (BESD) and are looking to appoint as soon as possible depending on the candidate.
You will be required to:-
- Support the class teacher to attain targets set under their individual educational programmes
- Provide teaching support in small groups and on a 1-2-1 basis
- Promote positive behaviour patterns and raising self esteem
- Assist in preparing the classroom and materials
- Ensure the lesson objectives are understood by pupils
- Administration of Special Educational Needs (SEN), keeping lesson by lesson records of assistance given
You must have:
Previous SEN Teaching Assistant experience
GCSE's in English and Maths Grades A*-C
Good knowledge and understanding of English, Maths, Science or SEN
Able to support pupils with from all ages and abilities
If you are interested in this position please send your cv to: catherine.o'
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS) being undertaken before the position commences.