This job is no longer available
SQL Database Administrator - SQL Server DBA
About the Job
SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) is required to join a fast paced blue chip organisation in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
To £45k + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Skills required are as follow:
* Minimum of 2 years' Experience supporting, tuning and maintaining multiple SQL Servers in a production environment. SQL 2000 through 2012
* Working experience of supporting SQL in an ecommerce environment or applications delivered using web technologies.
* Experience with configuring SQL Servers for high availability using Microsoft Clustering and SQL replication.
* Use of ETL tools primarily SSIS
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Good problem solving, analytical and communication skills
The role will entail:
* Take the lead in managing the stability, security, performance and reliability of the company's data.
* SQL monitoring, troubleshooting, tuning and high-availability strategies in a Windows / SQL Server 24/7 production environment.
* Develop, implement and maintain backup and restore strategies.
* Provide expertise in T-SQL for SQL Server to the software development team, including writing complex stored procedures, views and triggers.
* Develop, implement and monitor the Data Warehouse overnight ETL process.
* Plan hardware requirements and storage capacity for scalable database growth.
* Proactively monitor and manage the alerting for the SQL production databases and work with 3rd party development teams to recommend performance increases.
* Administer, maintain, develop and recommend policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the companies' databases.
* Ensure all database environments (Dev, Test, UAT, Live) are in sync to keep track of database versions for all environments.
* Problem solving and issue resolution on production cluster databases.
* Identify and resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues and other distributed data issues.
Keywords: SQL, SQL Server, SSIS, Performance, tuning, performance tuning, 2012, 2008, TSQL, T-SQL, indexing, query tuning, development, dba, administration, database, data, transaction, OLTP, locking, replication, SSRS, gb, T-SQL, ETL, Extract, transform, load
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed in this phenomenal company, get in contact with Andy Ross at Salt either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0207 928 25 25.