This job is no longer available
Catering Sessional Tutor (Delivering the NVQ Level 1 & 2 Hospitality Course)
*Immediate Start: Sessional Catering Prison Tutors Required: Redditch*
Randstad Education are currently recruiting sessional catering tutors to deliver the NVQ level 1 & 2 Catering and Hospitality Course within a prison in Redditch.
What You Will Need To Have
- Candidates must hold a teaching qualification, i.e. Certificate in Adult Education, DTLLS or equivalent (or be currently enrolled on a DTLLS course).
- Experience in Education or Training within the subject area is essential.
- Experience in developing curriculum and programmes of learning are desirable.
- Experience of embedding skills for life is desirable.
- Experience of involvement with unemployed and / or disadvantaged people and working in a challenging or secure/prison environment / experience of working with offender learners
You should be tenacious, organised and driven to motivate learners to complete courses with a successful outcome.
Working within an adult prison setting you will be required to deliver the NVQ Level 1 &2 catering and hospitality management course to adult learners. Placements will be 1 to 5 days per week.
You will be required to teach adult learners within a prison environment. Specific prison experience is not compulsory however a desire and real motivation to work with adult learners with a successful outcome is. We are recruiting tutors who have a proven track record of successfully progressing learners through courses as courses are funded based on successful outcomes. Please include relative examples of this in your CV where possible.
Randstad Education is the UK market leader.
We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we can find the right match for your skills. Please note that you will need to have a clear DBS in order to work for the Prison Service.
To discuss this vacancy in more detail, please contact Lise Cannonier at
-or call 0121 2005 910