This job is no longer available
Randstad Education is the UK market leader for recruitment within education. Currently we are looking to recruit a Maths Teacher for a school in Greenwich to work with children with Special Educational Needs, particularly SEBD and MLD. The post would be full-time five days a week, teaching KS3 and KS4, and the start date could be negotiable but as soon as possible is preferable. The position is temporary to start with via our agency, but could lead to a permanent post eventually for the right candidate at some point during this academic year. Experience of OFSTED and particularly raising standards from good to outstanding would be desirable.
Our requirements are that you must:
- Hold a qualification with or leading to QTS (NQT's and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply)
- Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and full referencing process
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about teaching and your subject
- Have high expectations of yourself and your students
- Possess the motivation to achieve and add value to the school
- Have proven classroom management skills; previous experience of working in an SEN environment would be desirable
You will be expected to:
- Undertake rigorous planning and preparation, and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum
- Support colleagues in the relevant departments as required and possibly undertake general cover lessons across the curriculum
- Organise your classroom to create a positive teaching environment, liaising with relevant teaching assistants and support staff to develop effective working relationships with pupils and colleagues
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor and track pupil's progress and keep records on their development
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of secondary and SEN schools and academies within London. These schools range in size, catchment, religious background and ethos. We work closely with each school we supply through constant relevant contact to ensure the right match for you. This school in Greenwich is a good school with outstanding features that serves an area of social and economic disadvantage, and all students you will work with will have a range of social, emotional and behavioural difficulties that often prevent them from succeeding within mainstream education. This post has arisen due to expansion, which requires a greater number of teachers of the core subjects.
Within this school our teacher will support pupils of different ability levels, with varying levels of additional needs and coming from many different social backgrounds. We understand that every class and in fact every individual child is different, so we carefully match you as our teacher with the school and children which you feel you work best with.
Our teachers have a well deserved reputation as being the best in London and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist secondary consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including the certified 'Team Teach' course for this post (if not already held)
- 'recommend a friend' bonus scheme
- the flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches and our sister company 'teachanywhere'
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Teacher of the Term'