This job is no longer available
A Systems Engineer (Communication & Messaging Analyst) is required by a leading city law firm. As part of the Network Communications and Messaging Team your primary role will be to take responsible for providing efficient and effective IT systems and supporting business services staff on and offline whilst also being heavily involved in project initiatives.
- Provide strategic direction, operational and project delivery of all IT-based communication systems and applications
- Working with Service desk, day to day maintenance of Service Desk contact centre manager
- Day to day management and measurement of MS Exchange systems
- Working with the Desktop team to configure and provide MS Outlook in its native form (without plug-ins)
- Day to day monitoring of capacity and availability of all communication services and devices globally
- Creation and provision of capacity and availability reports as required
- Day to day management and measurement of IM and presence tools such as MS Lync
- Maintenance and measurement of email delivery and protection including virus scanning and encryption
- Provision of backup and archive capabilities such as Enterprise Vault
- Provision and day to day management of Mobile email and calendar systems such as BES, Airwatch and Good for Enterprise
- Day to day management of the Mitel Telephony backend infrastructure, working closely with the Deskside Team
- Day to day management of the Rightfax fax servers
- Configuration and management of the Video conferencing bridges, gateways and associated desktop software, working closely with the Networks team who will ensure the appropriate networks are provided
- Working with vendors to ensure audio conferencing systems are maintained and managed
Key experience required
- Candidates must strong working knowledge and experience with as much of the following technologies as possible
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 & 2010 engineering capability (any knowledge of 2013 desirable)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Lync
- Mobile e-mail and calendar systems (BES v5 & v10, Airwatch and Good for Enterprise)
- Email transport and protection including virus scanning (MS Forefront, Symantec, Clearswift)
- Email Encryption technologies (PGP, TLS, SMIME)
- Enterprise Vault
- Mitel Telephony backend
- Rightfax fax service
- Video conferencing Telepresence Management Suite (TMS) and associated desktop software
- Audio conferencing systems
- Service Desk contact centre manager
- NetApp Storage and SnapDrive experience (desirable)
You will receive a salary of up to £50,000 basic, bonus and good benefits.
Keywords: Unified Communications, Communication Systems Engineering, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Microsoft Exchange 2013, Microsoft Lync, BES v5, BES v10, Airwatch, Good for Enterprise, MS Forefront, Symantec, Clearswift, PGP, TLS, SMIME, Mitel, Rightfax, TMS, NetApp Storage, SnapDrive.
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed in this phenomenal company, get in contact with Graeme Craig at Salt either by email : email@example.com or by phone +44207 928 2525 / +447903 420 629 to discuss the full specification in detail.