This job is no longer available
Randstad Education currently require an employability tutor to teach adult learners within a prison setting. You wil be required to deliver employability course using functional skills.
What You Will Need To Have
- candidates must hold a teaching qualification, i.e. Certificate in Education, DTLLS or equivalent (or be currently enrolled on a DTLLS course).
- Experience in Education or Training within the subject area is essential.
- Experience in developing curriculum and programmes of learning are desirable.
- Experience of embedding skills for life is desirable.
- Experience of involvement with unemployed and / or disadvantaged people and working in a challenging or secure/prison environment or adult educational setting
Working within an adult prison setting you will be required to deliver the Employability course
You will be required to teach adult learners within a prison environment. You should also have a genuine passion to pass on your subject specialism to the groups that you are teaching and training.
Specific prison experience is not compulsory however a desire and motivation to work with adult learners with a successful outcome is. We are recruiting tutors who have a proven track record of successfully progressing learners through courses.
Please include relative examples of this in your CV where possible.
Randstad Education is the UK market leader. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we can find the right match for your skills.
To discuss this Job in more detail, please contact Zara Smyth at
-or call 0121 2005 910