Are you an outstanding Business Analyst with strong communication skills and plenty of experience of working with Agile development teams?
Do you have experience of working with SaaS and good knowledge of AML and KYC?
The World's Leading News and Information company are looking for 2 Business Analyst's to join their Financial Crime and Reputational Risk business unit. They are currently working on an exciting new SaaS product and need someone like you to join and to take scope from Product Owners and translate into clearly articulated user stories for our development teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that sees the value that Business Analysts can bring to the Agile development process, and where there are fantastic opportunities to shape the role and develop your career. What's more, you'll get to work for the market leader in building the next generation of software for the industry.
Liaison & Communication
- Be the main point of contact with Product Owners in order to elicit, analyse, and validate complex business requirements for the software we're building.
- Control change from Product Owners that could affect the business case.
- Document and translate the business requirements into detailed user stories for our UX and development teams with supporting diagrams, use cases and descriptions.
Agile & Scrum
- Act as a proxy for the Product Owners as the key point of contact with the development teams to answer their questions about the requirements.
- Be accountable for maintaining a quality backlog of user stories, through activities such as backlog grooming.
- Provide the prioritisation of the backlog to make sure the development teams are working on the right things in the right order.
- Be accountable for the quality of your work, ensuring it's delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes.
- Become a subject matter expert in AML and KYC (assuming you're not already!).
- Look at how we're working, and suggest how we can do it even better!
skills & experiences
- Experience in Scrum / Agile methodology, including writing user stories and acceptance criteria utilising Behavioural Driven Development (BDD)
- Business analysis experience within a global organization.
- Ability to capture business requirements and representing them effectively.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analysis, research and process mapping skills.
- Excellent writing skills - both technical and non-technical.
- Customer focused and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customer.
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with the ability handle multiple complex tasks.
- Understanding of the principles of usability and helps ensure the software is fit for purpose.
- Understanding of requirements management best practice and ensures these practices are used.
- Understanding of the effects of technology used within development, and the impact on the business client.
- Able to hit tight deliverables and meet deadlines.
The skills and experience it would be good if you had:
- Understanding of the KYC / AML environment
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Knowledge of Business Analysis Book of Knowledge or CBAP and advantage
- Computer literate - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Internet proficient
About the organisation
Financial & risk
Financial & Risk delivers a comprehensive suite of solutions designed to empower audit, risk and compliance professionals, business leaders, and the Boards they serve to reliably achieve business objectives, address uncertainty, and act with integrity. Through the a suite of products, they bring together market-leading solutions for global regulatory intelligence, financial crime, anti-bribery and corruption, enhanced due diligence, compliance management, internal audit, e-learning, risk management, and board of director or disclosure services.
You will be working with internal product owners and a dynamic team of technologists using bleeding edge software development practices with the backing of a large multinational organisation. We have multiple scrum teams consisting of project managers, scrum masters, business analysts, user experience professionals, server and user interface developers, and quality assurance engineers. We strongly follow agile principles of continuous improvement:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
Their developers live the DRY and KISS principles and believe that code can be beautiful. They are mad about automated testing and good clean code.