This job is no longer available
My client is keen to find a DevOps / Linux Systems Engineer to help manage the operations and infrastructure for their online presence, microsites, mobile apps and support their development and QA teams.
You'll use your experience of managing web based environments to help maintain and improve their dev/stage/prod infrastructure, working with technologies such as Puppet, Jenkins and Capistrano to automate and script as much as possible. You'll work closely with their development team and QAs to ensure high-availability and performance of their websites and applications, putting systems, processes and automation in place to develop and deploy code in an efficient and agile manner.
You'll have the passion and drive to fill in any knowledge gaps, and always be striving to look at new technologies and ways of working. You'll also be cost-conscience and confident working in a small team, helping to ensure value for money from their infrastructure and operations.
The office is located in Central London. Benefits include contributory pension, health care, 28 days holiday and a six-week fully-paid sabbatical after five years of service.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong scripting skills (bash, ruby, python, php etc).
- Solid Linux administration, ideally RedHat/Centos.
- Familiar with Apache/nginx, MySQL, mod_php/php_fastCGI and web/media sites.
- Puppet or similar configuration management / server automation.
- Commercial experience running cloud-based servers or services (preferably AWS).
- Knowledge of virtualised environments (eg Vagrant, KVN, VirtualBox).
- Source control (ideally Git/Mercurial).
- Build & release automation / continuous integration, etc (Hudson/Jenkins)
- NFS, GlusterFS, Varnish, nginx, Postfix, building custom RPMs, OpenVPN, SOLR.
- Knowledge of performance and scalability tuning, caching, CDN, load testing
- A good degree in an IT-related field or equivalent experience.
- A background in development / programming or experience with infrastructure-as-code
- Experience hosting Drupal sites, and using and extending Drush (Drupal shell)
So if this is a role that appeals to you and you want to work in a young dynamic environment with an award winning team than simply send your CV today for an instant response.