This job is no longer available
QA Developer DW Software Test Engineer
A rare opportunity has arisen to join a leading online gaming business with an unrivalled technical environment. This is an excellent opportunity to ply your automated testing and Data Warehouse expertise within a true cutting edge environment.
The QA Engineer is responsible for providing automated testing services, both functional and non-functional for projects within the Real-Time Data Warehouse programme. You will be expected to work in collaboration with the Senior QA Engineer to provide a high standard of automated testing services to the Data Warehouse.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining efficient and effective test plans, including detailed test cases based on project artifacts, such as business requirements, functional specifications, source to target mappings and analytic or technical specifications for Data Warehousing environments.
- Creating test beds and seed test data using SQL, or by other means based on environment, to ensure complete coverage of the business requirements and functional and technical specifications are met.
- Providing estimation of work in terms of schedule and duration.
- Participating in project risk assessments to identify potential obstacles ahead of time.
Package and location:
Based in Central London (prime location) paying £45k to £60k + Excellent Benefits (Private healthcare, Pension, Cash back schemes, breakfasts
- Strong experience of relational databases and SQL coding (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, DB2 etc.)
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Proven experience of Test Planning, Test Cycle Management and creating and executing Test Cases.
- Good Java programming experience
- Good configuration management and code management skills using tools such as Subversion, Maven
- Experience in designing and implementing automated test assets across complex, cross browser based applications, Web Services, etc.
- Bachelors degree in related discipline (Computer Science, Information Systems etc)
- Excellent problem solving skills and good attention to detail
- Excellent soft skills such as reporting, communication etc, must be English speaking
- Good time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple assignments at a time and work amicably under pressure.
- Exceptional data warehousing and relational database knowledge
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Incorporate design, development, implementation and support of a cutting edge real-time data warehouse.
Keywords: SQL, DW, Data Warehousing, Datawarehouse, Data warehouse, OLAP, ETL, extract, transform, load, DB2, ODI, GoldenGate, Web Services, Java, Junit, Automation, testing
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed in this phenomenal company, get in contact with Andy Ross at Salt either by email: email@example.com or by phone 0207 928 25 25.