This job is no longer available
School: Secondary School, Wandsworth, South West London
Job title: Teacher of English
Start date: January 2014
Salary: MPS/UPS (inner London)
Closing date: At noon, Monday 11th November 2013
This secondary school with sixth form in Wandsworth, South West London (inner London), is looking for a permanent Teacher of English with a proven track record of strong results, successful implementation and development of their own planning and have a commitment to ensuring that learning is engaging, innovative and challenging.
This year, they had a 15% improvement in results at 5 A*- C with English and Maths GCSE from the previous year. Students getting the highest grades in Maths increased by 18% this year to 67% and there was an increase of 15% of the highest English grades to 61%. This will put us into the top 20% of all schools like ours. The results are a credit to the students, their teachers and the parents who so ably support their children.
The 'A' levels results also showed an overall increase with a 97% pass rate, with many subjects having a 100% pass rate.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Qualified to deliver the English across Key Stages 3 - 5
- Proven track record of strong results, successful implementation and development of their own planning
- Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Passion for English Language and Literature and ability to inspire students
- An excellent communicator who is able to meet deadlines
- A reflective practitioner who is willing to take an active role in the wider life of the school
Our school will provide a highly supportive working environment. We are committed to professional development and therefore there is an excellent training programme in place as well as opportunities for career progression.
To apply and for further information, please contact Tarja Aila at Capita Education Resourcing, tel. 0800 022 3829 or email .
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced CRB check is required for this role.