This job is no longer available
SQL Server DBA SQL Database Administrator
Salary: to £47k + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A marketing leading software product and solutions provider to the financial services sector has a fantastic opportunity for a SQL Server DBA to join their London team. It is a rare opportunity to get into an investment banking environment where no prior financial services experiences is required.
The Database Administrator will be involved in utilizing highly advanced technical capabilities in conjunction with excellent communication/networking skills to assist with the design and implementation of effective solutions and support a demanding client-base. It also includes coordinating and participating in the product release effort and weekend on-call rotation.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong DBA (MS SQL)
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL
- Solid experience with performance tuning
- Full understanding of product release life cycle
- Strong knowledge of database disaster recovery procedures
- Experience with high-availability solutions
- An understanding of how businesses operate and make decisions
- Excellent standard of spoken and written English
Desirable skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- MCITP Certification
- Sybase Certification
- Development experience a distinct advantage
- Working with a large number of servers and databases in a global environment
- Working knowledge of SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Sybase and ASE experience
- Provide incident and problem management for our internal and client-facing platforms
- Performance-tune database server environments to ensure service delivery expectations
- Ensure successful delivery of solution to technical and business expectations, including high availability, business continuity planning, efficient code usage, etc.
- Manage Disaster Recovery Solutions globally
- Manage global QA, UAT, and Production database environments (e.g. support, operation, maintenance, capacity planning, etc.)
- Manage internal and external data feeds
- Ensure successful deployment of installations/upgrades
- Key liaison with development team for solution design
Keywords: SQL, SQL Server, SSIS, Performance, tuning, performance tuning, 2012, 2008, TSQL, T-SQL, indexing, query tuning, development, dba, administration, database, data, transaction, OLTP, locking, replication, SSRS, gb, T-SQL, ETL, Extract, transform, load, database administrator
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed in this phenomenal company, get in contact with Andy Ross at Salt either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0207 928 25 25.