This job is no longer available
Senior eCommerce/Head of eCommerce - London - c£60K plus Bonus & Bens!
My client is a consumer focussed publisher that covers an array of topics. Their unique offering is well known in the publishing arena. It's a great company to join if you want to part of the next stage of digital transformation, improved customer engagement and growth.
As Senior eCommerce/Head of eCommerce, you'll be required to define, specify and implement the ecommerce strategy of a leading collectible publisher. The company (which currently has revenues exceeding £160m) has presence in a number of countries and needs to move aggressively in the eCommerce field to generate a new revenue stream. The company has access to strong international licences and to outstanding content. This is an exciting and newly created division, which will be central in the organisation and report directly to senior management. Although the successfully candidate will require a level of technical prowess, this role is very much focussed on the marketing and commercial side of eCommerce.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Identify the ecommerce best practice and see how the company strengths can be used to create a differentiated offering
- Define and manage product categories
- Run competitive analysis and select the markets with the most potential
- Prepare detailed business plan with different sets of assumptions
- Identify, select and coordinate the work of external agencies including web agencies, digital marketing, PR, SEO consultants, etc.
- Build the internal team that will be needed to support this new business unit
- Manage site development from A to Z
- Manage and launch the sites in the different markets and coordinate with local teams
- Select and negotiate contracts with fulfilling partners, both internally and externally
- Prepare and coordinate Board level presentations
Please ONLY apply if you possess the following:
- 5 years+ experience in a senior position in a leading ecommerce company
- Strategic thinker with the ability to think out of the box
- Ability to anticipate technology evolutions. Ideally the candidate will have a deep understanding of code programming
- Ability to get the things done and to be proactive
- Entrepreneurial spirit at ease in an informal organisation
- Experience of managing teams in matrix organisations
- Strong analytical skills, particularly at ease with numbers
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Great sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadline
- Fluency in French desirable.
To apply for the Head of eCommerce position, please click the 'Apply' button or email firstname.lastname@example.org