This job is no longer available
Python Developer Tech Lead
Location: London, United Kingdom
Package: to £65k + 20% Bonus + Excellent Benefits
My client is looking for a hands-on tech lead to join our highly skilled team of designers, middleware and Android/iOS developers, during an exciting period of growth for their company, which will bring increased scalability and security challenges.
My client is a products and services company with solutions focussed around mobile and video.
The company is invested heavily in research and innovation, which is central for their vision in the mobile video industry.
Operating from excellent modern offices in Central London, they promote a positive and friendly environment with investment in people.
Purpose of Job
- Manage a cross-functional scrum team and people manage PHP/Python Developers.
- Anticipate this being at least a 50% implementation role.
- Participate in the technical design of your required deliverables, in addition to contributing to the end-to-end solution with your own ideas.
- Be part of an agile team, participating in the planning, estimation and development of user stories.
- Produce technical documentation to a high standard.
- Collaborate with front-end developers and back end system developers in building out an end-to-end solution that scales.
- Collaborate with Technical Project Manager and senior management during development to ensure what is delivered meets expectations of client and users.
- Collaborate with QA Engineering in ensuring a robust test approach is defined for your development deliverables.
- Produce quality code with high test coverage.
- Mentoring and training of Junior Engineers.
- Do code reviews and drive quality.
Essential to the job:
- Extensive commercial experience of Python, PHP or Ruby.
- Solid understanding of architecture and design principles for delivering scalable web services.
- Experience of object oriented programming / modular programming.
- Experience of test driven development approaches.
- Experience of SQL using either MySQL, NoSQL or similar.
- Commercial experience in building web services.
- Strong problem solving skills & development standards
- Knowledge of the Linux command line and Apache.
- Demonstrable experience in building applications for cloud services like AWS, Rackspace or Azure.
- Results driven and accountable for delivery.
- Strong team player and communication skills.
- Autonomous and self-driven.
- Experience managing teams and people.
- Experience of working with XML and knowledge of XSD.
- Experience of technologies like Celery and RabbitMQ.
- Experience with Python or PHP frameworks E.g. DJango.
- Experience with Memcached or other caching technologies.
- Well versed in developing in an agile development environment.
- Experience of continuous integration and continuous deployment principles and tools.
- Competence in one other language e.g. Java or C#.
- Experience with Hadoop or other analysis of big data.
- Experience with Bash.
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed in this phenomenal company, get in contact with Jasper Paterson at Salt by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: Python, Developer, Development, Cloud, AWS, Azure, Rackspace, PHP, Ruby