This job is no longer available
Linux Operations/Engineer - City - Contract - £600 per day
Keywords: Linux Engineer, Linux Operations Engineer, Commodities, BASH, Scripting, RedHat, Apache, JBOSS, Unix, Contract, London,
A leading global commodities trading house is currently recruiting on an interim basis for a Linux Operations Engineer.
In this role as a Linux Engineer you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of all Linux systems.
Your duties on a daily basis will be to:
- Perform daily administration activities for all company Linux servers.
- Install new servers.
- Develop and implement administration standards and procedures.
- Monitor patch releases and develop patch installation strategies.
- 1Perform system backups.
- Provide input to the policies and procedures related to equipment purchase, use, support, Monitoring, security, and backup.
- Maintain and extend system monitoring frameworks.
- Support 24x7x365 data center operations.
- Support application installation and monitoring solutions.
- Provide after hours on-call support.
- Deploy applications to internal and customer facing environments.
- Support internal development and production departments.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally 5 years administration experience in a Linux/Unix environment supporting business critical systems.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and written communication skills.
- Experience with DNS, SMTP, NFS, SNMP and configuration management tools.
- Knowledge of BASH scripting.
- Experience running Apache/JBOSS in a Production environment.
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.
- Familiarity with Oracle RDBMS systems.
- Experience with virtualization technology.
- Experience with SAN/NAS technology.
If you have the above skills and experience and are immediately available please send your CV immediately, this is an excellent opportunity working for a global brand. A quick turnaround is expected.