International newspaper seeking to fill a Research Position
An international newspaper is looking for a researcher for its Research Unit based in London. The contract offered is open-ended, with the potential to become permanent. The salary is negotiable.
Research responsibilities will include:
- Writing short research pieces and long reports on a variety of themes as required.
- Liaising with the editors to help ensure all research meets required standards and deadlines.
- Ensuring research adheres to the established house style.
- Keeping track of latest developments in the Middle East.
- Pitching new research proposals to the editorial committee.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. They should have a master’s degree in Middle Eastern Studies/Politics/History, Economics, History, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant discipline.
- Both in-depth background knowledge of the Middle East and understanding of current events in the region.
- Very strong grasp of the English language.
- Ability to produce research to high standards.
- Working knowledge of Arabic.
- Strong attention to detail and a proven ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a team.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV