This job is no longer available
A leading UK brand and house hold name is currently looking for a talented Information Security Analyst to join a brand new team responsible for group wide IT security and compliance landscapes.
You will be responsible for the following……
- Monitor the output of our security tools that identify security incidents and breaches, allocating to resolution teams and escalating for management attention if appropriate.
- Handle service requests delivered via the Remedy System for security related subjects
- Conduct compliance checks to ensure InfoSec policies and procedures are being applied in practice. This could be in any area of the company's operation.
- Manage the internal vulnerability scanning procedure to ensure that scans are planned and carried out in a timely manner
- Arrange for external resources to carry out penetration testing and third party assessments
- Progress the resolution of any vulnerability identified either from the internal scanning programme or by external penetration testing.
- Conduct data risk assessments by following the InformationSecurityRisk Management Process.
- Assist with activities to promote and foster InformationSecurityawareness within the organisation.
- Contribute to the development of information security procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Perform 'first-responder' duties to preserve evidence in the event of data loss / policy violations
- Locate data to support investigations into alleged misuse of company information and communications systems.
Candidate must have the following skills and experience…
- A working knowledge of MS Windows/Applications, UNIX, and networks and how they 'work'
- Able to work with low level supervision, and deliver high quality results
- Methodical, well organised, able to deal with constant workload, prioritising logically
- Communicates well using spoken and written word
- Has a knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architectures
- Proactively takes responsibility, owns any issues arising and follows through to resolve them (get the required result) and recognises how individual responsibility impacts team delivery and inspires others to do the same
- Knowledge of information security and /or IT Security
Key word: Information Security Analyst, IT Security Analyst, IS Security Analyst, IT Security, Information Security, MS Windows, Unix
To apply for the Information Security Analyst Role please click the 'Apply' button, alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org