This job is no longer available
A Business Analyst is required by a leading city law firm. As part of a projects delivery team your primary role will be to take responsible for investigating business systems, identifying options for improving business systems and bridging the needs of the business with the use of IT.
- Examine the business needs in terms of present and future IT requirements
- Create requirements documents and model the relationship between different requirements, business goals and project objectives
- Work with the Projects Delivery Manager to deliver pre-project work take on analysis as part of a defined process
- Work with project managers and sponsors to scope projects and define success criteria
- Co-operate with system analysts, technical specialists and users to understand how far the available systems can meet the business needs
- Help manage expectations and communicate with stakeholders within and outside of the Projects Delivery team
- Evaluate tenders with external suppliers
- Manage the analysis tasks through to implementation ensuring that solutions are adequately tested, ensuring expectations are managed
- Contribute to the knowledge of the team, the department and the firm
- Create, maintain and develop relationships with business stakeholders in the legal and support communities
Key experience required
- Extensive experience working as BA capacity
- Experience of working in the legal industry, or professional services environment would be an advantage
- Proven and demonstrable experience of capturing and improving business process as part of a range of project types
- One or more professional and widely recognised qualifications or accreditations which relate to change management, business analysis or project / programme management. Qualifications/accreditations in all three would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent practical understanding of business analysis techniques, methods and tools
- Ability to understand and communicate business systems at a high, firm-wide solution level, and also at a detailed data object or process-step level
- Solid understanding of project management techniques
- Ability to analyse problems and present solutions to management or the business
- Solid commercial skills, including reviewing and validating proposals, making recommendations
- Good understanding of current and future technology trends, with experience of legal technology an advantage.
You will receive a salary of up to £50,000 basic, bonus and good benefits.
Keywords: Business Analyst, BA, Business Systems Analyst, Prince 2, RUP, UML, UAT, Legal, Law, requirement gathering, stakeholder,
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed in this phenomenal company, get in contact with Graeme Craig at Salt either by email : firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44207 928 2525 / +447903 420 629 to discuss the full specification in detail.