This job is no longer available
Prison English Tutor Required
Randstad Education are currently recruiting FE Qualified tutors or candidates with equivalent experience/qualifications who are able to teach English to adult learners within a prison setting.
What You Will Need To Have
- candidates must hold a teaching qualification, i.e. Certificate in Adult Education, DTLLS or equivalent (or be currently enrolled on a DTLLS course)
- Experience in Education or Training within the subject area is essential.
- Experience in developing curriculum and programmes of learning are desirable.
- Experience of embedding skills for life is desirable.
- Experience of involvement with unemployed and / or disadvantaged people and working in a challenging or secure/prison environment is
Working within an adult prison setting you will be required to deliver English to adult learners. This may be by way of numeracy lessons, but also you can use different subject areas such as money management. Placements will be short and long term and you should also be prepared to work over academic school holidays.
You will be required to teach adult learners within a prison environment. Specific prison experience is not compulsory however a desire and motivation to work with adult learners with a successful outcome. We are recruiting tutors who have a proven track record of successfully progressing learners through courses. Please include relative examples of this in your CV where possible