This job is no longer available
Randstad Education currently require an employability tutor to teach adult learners within a prison setting. You will be required to deliver employability course embedding within different subject areas the Function Skills on Literacy and Numeracy. The Job itself will be 4 days a week and is initially temporary but there is room for a perm job for the right candidate. The learners will range from Entry to level 3, more information will be provided upon request.
What You Will Need To Have
- candidates must hold a teaching qualification, i.e. Certificate in Education, DTLLS or equivalent (or be currently enrolled on a DTLLS course).
- Experience in Education or Training within the subject area is essential.
- Experience in developing curriculum and programmes of learning are desirable.
- Experience of embedding skills for life is desirable.
- Experience of involvement with unemployed and / or disadvantaged people and working in a challenging or secure/prison environment or adult educational setting
Working within an adult prison setting you will be required to deliver the Employability course to classes of learners with an average of 8. The Education department is in the Prison, however it is laid out in a College style environment. There are members of staff around and there is a main education office based next to the classrooms.
You will be required to teach adult learners within a prison environment. You should also have a genuine passion to pass on your subject specialism to the groups that you are teaching and training.
Specific prison experience is not compulsory however a desire and motivation to work with adult learners with a successful outcome is. We are recruiting tutors who have a proven track record of successfully progressing learners through courses.
Please include relative examples of this in your CV where possible.