This job is no longer available
* Reporting to the Senior Property Manager, playing an active part in the Section, assisting in the successful delivery of the Section's service aims, objectives and actions.
* Contribute to the development of the Asset Management Strategy and Plan, working with others in the Estates Team to ensure that property utilisation and financial return are maximised.
* To deliver the lease management of the Council's administration buildings including managing all rent / service charges payment and liaison with Landlords relating to any Landlord and Tenant Act provisions and considerations.
* To provide an efficient and effective Estate Management service providing advice and support on a wide range of property management and valuation matters including Landlord and Tenant Act considerations on land and property owned, leased or utilised by the Council.
* To be responsible for the delivery of a quality timely competitive and cost effective Estate Management service maximising the financial return from the portfolio of investment assets.
* To procure and monitor any external advice, agents or consultants used by the Council to provide and support Estate Management services.
* To contribute to maximising the use and return on the Borough's operational assets.
* To be responsible for the management and implementation of rent reviews, lease/licence renewals, way leaves/easements and lettings including carrying out/procuring the appropriate valuations to ensure the Borough maximises its return.
* To assist with the production of valuations for financial reporting, rating and insurance purposes providing information in support of these valuations to other Estates Team members.
* To be responsible for the overall management of the covenants on former Borough property and to ensure that appropriate capital sums are pursued and fees collected.
* To contribute to the production of an Estates Section's Business Plan. The Plan to include performance targets and standards; and demonstrate continuous improvement and service delivery review, and from which will be developed personal targets and objectives. Contribute to the delivery of the overall Section's Business Plan, particularly ensuring compliant delivery of the aspects of the Plan relevant to this post.
* To assist with the quality, timely, competitive, efficient and cost effective property transaction service, aimed at enabling the service delivery for the Borough of Poole.
* To contribute to the preparation and implementation of policies and procedures in respect of all Estate Management matters.
* To undertake property valuations of the Council's assets for strategic review purposes, including development and investment appraisals, marriage valuations, open market valuations on different use assumptions etc. Maintain an awareness of the property market and other external factors, which influence such valuation advice, and the value of the Council's portfolio so as to identify change opportunities.
* Contribute to the carrying out of reviews of property assets held by the Council, to consider and maximise use and return.
* To contribute to the mentoring of individuals in the Estates Team, with particular reference to the Estate Support Surveyors, who are completing their training in surveying or Estate Management.
YOU SHOULD MATCH THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
* Demonstrable and proven extensive experience in negotiating and completing landlord and tenant transactions, particularly rent reviews and lease renewals and lease restructuring
* Track record of updating and maintaining and generating reports from database records and / or property transactions
* Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
* Good working knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Law
* A thorough understanding of the appraisal of investment and development property
To apply please forward your CV ASAP. For further information please contact Grant Wilson on 0117 9174560
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.