This job is no longer available
Social Media Manager - W.London - £35-40K
My client is a mobile network run as an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator). Owned by one of the biggest (and sexiest) brands in the UK; this is not a conventional service. The difference being that the customer base consists of members, helping with company operations from sales and customer service to marketing the brand on their behalf!
Quirky, spirited and disruptive, this company is continuing to grow, and as a result, they are now adding to their headcount with this new hiring opportunity!
Were you on Pinterest before any of your friends? Have you made your mind up, if you'll stick with Google+? Constantly updating your Facebook cover image? Can you tell a brand doing great things in Social channels rather than one doing an 'ok' job?
We're looking for Social Media Manager, as part of our growing Marketing team. This role will report into the Lead Social Media Manager.
This role is to implement my client's Online Social Media Strategy, keeping the brand's day-to-day social channels up to date with fresh, interesting content. You'll be having loads of conversations online with people about giffgaff and all things, mobile, techy and maybe sometimes a little bit random. At all times, you'll be executing our Social Media strategy and working closely with the Social and Marketing team to deliver against their goals and targets.
You'll be coming up with new ideas for content, writing and publishing them online, so you need great writing skills and an ability to maintain tone of voice. As a part of the Marketing team, you'll be both producing and being given content to support Product launches and Marketing activity across our website, blog and in the forum.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Delivering and supporting the Marketing teams Social Media strategy and plans
- Day to day management of content in Social platforms
- Content production - writing, updating and creating Social content to drive interaction and education
- Leading and assisting with Social projects, which include aligning with advertising campaigns and product launches
- Reporting on Social channels and updating on new Social trends and platforms
- Liaise with and identify members' issues, working with internal teams to seek resolution
- Act as an advocate of the Company in our Social Channels and as the advocate of Social within the Company, engaging in dialogue and answering questions where appropriate
- Involvement with our customers through our online Forum community.
Please ONLY apply if you possess the following:
Strong commercial experience (at least 3 years) of managing Social channels on behalf of a large consumer brand is a must
- Love everything relating to Social Media, forums and communities online
- Fantastic writing skills, clear and concise
- Able to master a tone of voice and have examples of how you have done this
- Sourcing and producing online content for social channels (including both visual and video formats)
- excellent attention to detail.
To apply for the Social Media Manager, please click the 'Apply' button or email firstname.lastname@example.org