This job is no longer available
Our client is a leading market research company who specialise in advertising; loyalty; marketing; & media research.
The role of the INFOGRAPHICS DESIGN & VISUALISATION DIRECTOR is to drive the strategic direction for design and data visualisation. The role will liaise at a senior level across the organisation, delivering inspirational work to their clients and the wider marketplace and applying commercial focus in terms of establishing the potential for design to drive growth and profit.
- Work towards ensuring the company has a globally-recognised expertise in design and data visualisation, through the development of the data visualisation portfolio, delivery excellence and a steady flow of innovation.
- This includes commercial applications for delivering data visualisation platforms for client research data.
- The role should cover in-house applications, as well as providing guidance and rules of engagement for the business in using 3rd party software solutions and external providers.
- The role will be responsible for the existing corporate graphic design team and will also act as a professional discipline head with dotted line responsibility for the wider team of designers based in the various business units and the successful candidate will therefore need excellent leadership and influencing skills.
- Identifies and converts new business opportunities for graphic design and data visualisation within the account teams and with clients.
- Establishes the commercial value of design, setting guidelines for the way in which this can drive profit within the organisation and implementing a solution to facilitate this.
- Challenges the status quo, takes calculated risks to further our vision in the field of data visualisation and design.
- Manages corporate graphic design team and a wider network of designers, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and development.
- Leads by example, is a recognised expert in the field of design and data visualisation and is a positive and inspirational role model.
- Leads by example, inspiring and motivating people, creating and communicating a clear and compelling picture of success.
- Constantly innovating and visionary in the field of data visualisation and design, bringing industry advances to the fore in the companies applications.
- Strong negotiating / influencing skills with the ability to present a compelling vision and strategy engendering confidence and belief.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style, across audiences, to have optimal impact.
- Exceptional design skills, displays original and creative ideas, with proven examples applied in a business-to-business context.
QUALIFICATIONS & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- BFA / BA in Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite - In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software - Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Proficiency on Windows and MAC platforms.
- A good understanding of data and experience in articulating this visually.
To apply for the role, please click the 'Apply' button, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com call +44 207 928 2525