Android Automation Test Engineer
Open to European Applicants
Automation Test Engineer with experience of Robotium or Calabash required to work in an Android team.
World's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals require an Android Automation Test Engineer. They combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
As an Android Automation Test Engineer or you may also be known as a Mobile Developer in Test or Engineer in Test you will contribute to the development of the testing and release strategy and release efforts for Android mobile products. This role will involve the use of Robotium and Calabash and will be placed with the corporate mobile team and you will be expected to be a hands-on person who is able to work in a dynamic environment with a start-up mentality.
You will be working for and with other engineers all the way up to the C level, people who have spent time in the trenches and may even have built a few things you use. Our technical hierarchy is simple and there is minimal overhead associated with navigating it. Engineering appropriateness and the best compromise, when required, will always win out on 'politics'.
We strive to create a team where our boldness of vision is not tempered by a distant board or early stage cash crunches. For those of you looking at this from a start-up background, we feel you.
If you enjoy exploring your limits as an engineer or have never worked in a place where you could say the preceding with a straight face, we encourage you to come talk to us.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
End-to-end quality assurance for the Android mobile solutions:
* Work with the Android development team to develop and execute the test plan, inline with an Agile development methodology
* Contribute to the design and establishment of a test environment for the Android engineering team, including software interface requirements for testability and scripting
* Adopt the QA and development team's culture, of targeted risk assessment through system analysis
* Ensure your approach is aligned with the overall team's QA strategy
* Generate and track meaningful statistics by which the entire team can evaluate the developing quality of the software product
* Contribute to the definition and alignment of the testing strategy, including the mobile, web and server components
Software release management:
* Implement continuous build/integration
* Create various automated builds for Android
* Writes automation to enable efficient application submission to Android marketplaces and Ad-Hoc builds
* Create and maintains a distribution methodology for apps in development
* Degree in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering or significant professional experience required.
* A solid background in software development, not just test - you will help design test APIs, design tests, write automated test scripts and design test tools
* Experience with test automation tools like Robotium, Calabash or equivalent
* Experience with designing test strategies for mobile products
* Experience with Agile software practices.
* Experience using software development environments (i.e.: eclipse) for building releases
* Excellent communicator
* Proactive and self-motivated
Benefits inc 25 days hol, pension, season tkt loan, childcare vouchers, free onsite gym and swimming pool plus lots more