This job is no longer available
The .Net Developer is expected to have the technical expertise of a senior developer. The . Net developer will support, maintain and build many complex systems, using the company development methodology.
Duties and Responsibilities
In order to implement development projects assigned to them by the business, Application Developers will be involved in the following activities;
· All activities of a Developer.
· Writing code for all layers of the core application to satisfy the technical and functional requirements of all assigned projects;
· Effectively applying our methodology and enforcing standards.
· Creation of technical specifications from the functional specifications provided by the Lead Developers and Head of IT Development;
· Writing code (VBScript, ASP, VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net) and support of the core application(s) to satisfy the technical and functional requirements of all assigned projects;
· Working with data that needs to change the view state of a web page such as JSON or XML.
Knowledge and skill requirements
· 5+ Years of experience of development
· 5+ Years of experience of ASP, VBScript, SQL 2000, SQL 2005, QlikView, VB.Net, C# and ASP.Net
Ability to lead front end teams from pre-development through to delivery in a deadline-driven environment
· Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
· Knowledge of company programming procedures and programming languages.
· Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
· Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications. Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
· Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
· Ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions. Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
· Excellent all round development aptitude - C# and .Net
· 5+ Years of experience of linux