This job is no longer available
Core Java Developer (J2SE, JavaSE, OOP, OOD, Multi-threading, Concurrency, TCP, Corba, Tibco, JMS, XML, FIX, Java Swing, Low Latency, FX, FOREX)
Proprietary Trading House - South West London
£35,000 to £55,000 + Excellent Bonus + Benefits
Prop Trading Shop seeking Core Java Developer (J2SE, JavaSE) that will build proprietary FX trading applications for high volume arbitrage and strategy trading.
As the Core Java Developer (J2SE, JavaSE) you will fit in to a highly driven + passionate technology professionals with freedom to implement your ideas in line with the business strategy. You will be building core java concurrent applications in agile teams.
Responsibilities include building highly multi-threaded applications capable of billions of foreign exchange currency to be traded, low latency performance optimisation and involved with the graphical user interface in Swing.
- Strong Core Java/J2SE experience (Essential)
- Excellent OOD skills and architectural understanding (Highly Beneficial)
- Multi-threaded / Concurrent programming experience on scalable applications (Required)
- Messaging experience; TCP, Tibco, JMS, FIX, Corba etc. (Highly Beneficial)
- Additional Java Swing experience is beneficial
- Desire to work on highly lucrative Low Latency High Throughput applications, including performance optimisation (Beneficial)
- Passionate technologists with good communication skills (Required)
Being a prop trading boutique means that the environment is similar to a tech start up with the people that it attracts and atmosphere geared towards creative problem solving. Table football, ping-pong, in house gym and free food & drink are just some of the perks on top of a very healthy package and performance related bonuses. Please contact Dan Stewart @ Harrington Starr for more information.
Core Java Developer (J2SE, JavaSE, OOP, OOD, Multi-threading, Concurrency, TCP, Corba, Tibco, JMS, XML, FIX, Java Swing, Low Latency)